Closing Date: 30/11/2018
Salary: Depending on experience
Other Info:Posted date:
The Site Manager is responsible for complete day to day operations of the site, including the coordination and supervision of onsite personnel and sub-contractors. The site manager will have sole responsibility for the resolution of any day to day issues arising on site for the duration of the project. The site manager will possess hands-on experience with ground works, reinforced concrete and structural steel developments.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Site Manager
- Groundworks, Civil Engineering, and/or construction experience
- Good IT skills
- Self-starters and strong work ethic essential
- Experience of working on projects ranging from £250k to £5m in a variety of sectors including steel frame, reinforced concrete
- You will be methodical, accurate with exceptional attention to detail.
- You will have excellent communication skills both oral and written and can work independently as well as part of an integral team.
- CSCS/CSR/Safepass card essential
- Excellent personal skills, strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of responsiveness
- Please note that travel may be required.
Your New Role:
- Liaising with:
- Project Manager: day to day operations;
- Design Team and Client: co-ordination of project activities
- Services Co-ordinator: services Sub-contractors co-ordination
- Senior Engineer: engineering details and design
- Foreman: Control of labour, plant and equipment on site
- Senior Quantity Surveyor: cost issues and compiling the Variation Log and monitoring variations
- Quality & Environmental: maintaining site records requirements
- Managing Sub-contractors, engineering and operational staff and personnel on site and supporting the Project Manager in delivering the project to a superior quality completed on time, within budget and implemented within the required safety, environmental and quality parameters.
- Scheduling weekly Work programmes and reviewing weekly progress reports for the Master Construction Programme
- Serving the client as a Representative at Site Meetings
- Facilitating the flow of information between the Design Team and Construction Team
- Supporting Communication between the Design Team and Sub-Contractors
- Attending and chairing weekly Management Team Meetings
- Managing and implementing of the Safety Management System
- Implementation of Daily and Weekly Programmes together with the issue of programme details to sub-contractors.
- Work with the team in planning onsite works and keeping to programme.
- Ensure the timely delivery of materials as needed to avoid delays.
- Trouble shooting and looking ahead to save time on problems likely to be encountered.
HML is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.