Closing Date: 30/11/2018
Salary: Depending on experience
Other Info:Posted date:
Your Skills & Experience:
- 2-5 years’ experience
- Groundworks, Civil Engineering, and/or construction experience
- Setting out experience
- Good IT skills
- Self-starters and strong work ethic essential
- HNC qualification in a Construction related course and a background in civil engineering.
- CSCS/CSR/Safepass card essential
- Experience of working on projects ranging from £250k to £5m in a variety of sectors including steel frame, reinforced concrete
- You will be methodical, accurate with exceptional attention to detail.
- You will have excellent communication skills both oral and written and can work independently as well as part of an integral team.
- Please note that travel may be required.
Your New Role:
- Setting out and quality control on site
- Checking shuttering, steel and other dimensions before concrete pours and maintaining material files
- Record keeping of all site activities, keeping a site diary, uploading material info etc
- Supervising direct labour and sub-contractors on site
- Read and understand drawings and other information such as specifications and building standards
- To mark out, identifying all services and issuing of permits to break ground.
- Maintain Quality assurance records including photos, test records and prescribed inspections as required by the quality plan.
- Ensure the condition and certification of surveying instruments are safe and up to date and records are kept.
- Keep accurate records of quantities and measures for payment purposes.
- Work with the team in planning onsite works and keeping to programme.
- Ensure the timely delivery of materials as needed to avoid delays.
- Trouble shooting and looking ahead to save time on problems likely to be encountered.
HML is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.